Last time we talked about the need for written HR Policies and Procedures and gave some tips.
More tips for effective management of HR Policies and Procedures
- They should be relevant and match the culture of the organisation. There is no point having, e.g. policies for personal internet usage when your employees work on a farm.
- Communicate the contents of this manual by holding it centrally, for example on an intranet site or in an easily accessible place.
- Appoint one person to take responsibility for amendments and advising approved policy changes.
- Review and update policies regularly to ensure compliance with law and the needs of the organisation. New laws, regulations, and court cases can affect policy language and how policies are implemented. Most experts suggest a thorough review at least once a year.
- Use a notification service, RSS feed, or publication to keep you posted.
- When policies are introduced or revised, thoroughly explain the change to all employees and obtain confirmation they have read, understood, and agreed to comply.
For further help or advice on reviewing your policies as a ‘health check’ please contact us or call Jan and the team on 64 9 579 8566.